Office cleaning can get lengthy because of all the tasks that need to be done. The necessary cleaning includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, organizing, and de-cluttering. The bigger the workplace, more that need to be cleaned!
A dangerous mistake is doing a cleaning job the wrong way, resulting in doing more harm than good. Some common cleaning mistakes can do permanent damage on the stained material. Are some of these mistakes being made in your workplace? Read on to find out.
Cleaning Windows When the Sun is Out
This common cleaning mistake is not practiced by many individuals. Imagine cleaning every window in an office, spraying cleaner on each window and wiping down every inch. Your focus was clearly on making every window clear and see-through.
Did you know the sun can undo all that? The hot rays of the sun causes glass cleaner to evaporate at a quick rate, which makes glass appear with streaks.
To avoid this time-consuming mistake, make it a habit to check the weather forecast before having the windows cleaned. A cloudy day is the best day to tackle cleaning windows.
Scrubbing Fresh Liquid Stains on Carpet
When a beverage is spilled on carpet or rug surfaces, the common reaction is to roughly scrub out the stain. Unfortunately, this can actually lead to permanent damage to the material. Scrubbing these stains can actually damage the fragile fibers in the carpet and force the liquid stain deeper into the surface.
Instead, blotting out the stain with a clean, dry towel proves to be far more affective. Further rinsing out the stain with water is recommended. If the stain is more on the serious side and it does fade significantly after following these steps, be sure to find and use stain remover on the spill as soon as possible.
Mixing Cleaning Products
Some think it is wise to mix cleaners when they’re running low on supplies to save money. They may not know that this is actually an extremely risky method, that may produce dangerous results. One very dangerous combination is mixing an ammonia-based cleaner and a bleach-based cleaner. The reason why these two cleaners are so toxic together is their combined fumes. When their vapors mix together, they create a new toxin that is very dangerous to breathe in. If you discover anyone who has breathed in this toxic vapor, leave the area and call 911.